Highlander Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion]

3 posters

Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion]

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:12 pm

I must look at this possibility from every angle in order to determine what is the most desired and best course of action.

Here is my take on the Federations dilemma...
I have been unsuccessful in facilitating proper leadership for the Alliance I have created. The FedX Forum has been grinding to a relentless halt for some time now. In my strong opinion it is a forum which most facilitates the proper leadership, growth and structure which a great Alliance needs to excel beyond mediocre achievement.

It's not that my members would not participate; although participation has rarely existed on the FedX forum so far yet my members are active daily in game.
I believe it may be my straight forward approach which may come across as demanding at times which has turned my members away from the forum but my stronger suspicion is simple disinterest. Although I have gone to great practical lengths to promote interest.

The bottom line is that I do not see a future for Federation X during times of war and otherwise without an active forum.
I would have a hard time to say goodbye to the Federation but I feel as if I am the only member save 1 or 2 who is really into the whole Federation unified concept.

All thoughts are appreciated...
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Re: Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion]

Post  Thatskatersbro Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:04 pm

I will start a discussion in our leaders meeting hall...it sounds to me like you do to much work for what the rest of your alliance members put in. I would fill unappreciated if I had to go through that but luckily I have active allys on the forum and enjoy HLA. We will get back to you

Thatskatersbro

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Re: Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion]

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Thank You!
Take your time there may be a lot to consider.
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Post  thatskater Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:24 pm

I am a bit handicaped at the moment with incessent internet problams at my house.But I will support anyefforts to merge due to the growing concern of HLA`s growth halted.

-thatskater
thatskater
thatskater

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatskatersbro Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:07 pm

This issue is still under discussion thatskater...you make sure and remember that

Thatskatersbro

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Additional Considerations

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Here are some questions and information I would pose to assist with getting our heads around the Idea of such a merger

• What are the requirements of membership to HLA?
    If a merger is immanent then my members eventually will need to be made aware of what is expected of them...
  • What role would I play in your Alliance? would I have a position as Administrator or some other position?
  • What are the HLA's Governing principals? what do you stand for? what is your role in this Universe? is there a Motto or Creed which outlines your Alliance style?

if you need more information please spend some time on the FedX Alliance page as well as the forum, or just ask me and I will post whatever you need.
I am editing this post to include more info as it comes to me...
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Federation Values

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:11 pm

For basic members
  • Strength through active growth in game
  • Rank - gives each member millstone acknowledgment of there achievements and progress via circular messages - may be accompanied by a role or Alliance Power
  • Unity through forum participation [Required]
  • Inner Alliance Challenges (adding a new element to Game play, including awards, prizes, and the possible mention of achievement on the Alliance HOF)

For Administrative Members
  • Forum Powers - Given to members who show an aptitude for forum moderation
  • Forum moderation - This is the IT of Alliance Management
  • Master Lists - must be well organized and pleasing to the eye
  • Role Play - Each adopted or delegated role will help to develop organization and shared government
  • Diplomacy - Cooperation, trade, Peace Keeping.
  • Training - (in the form of simple walk-through) Should be provided to each member who wishes to understand forum moderation, Alliance management etc...

For all Members
  • Points - (While not so important on there own) give members and Alliances alike the ability to gauge progress as far as rate of development etc.. in comparison to others
  • Forum participation - Primary communication method, the in game method is buggy and is only good for very short communications lest you risk getting important info cut off.
  • Information Management - a shared responsibility... new members are required to join the forum and provide planetary information to be organized into
  • Personalized Master Lists - Containing a variety of organized member and Alliance specific Information for quick reference.

This is the first time I have attempted to put this full list together so consider it a work in progress
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Another thought

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I would like to see the Federation Mentality continue through a merger...
basically what this means is an embodiment of what I already see in your Alliance...
maybe For emphasis on a Federation mindset a new Alliance name may be considered for after the merger which also pays tribute to the legacy of FedX.

This could be fun to come up with possible names!
The first one which comes t mind is The HLF! The Highlander Federation.
A new logo may also be considered in order to support the Name... I am very skilled in this area of art and presentation so I could provide some relief to this issue in the form of various logo proposals.

To anyone reading my posts on the idea of this merger
Please realize that at this stage everything is hypothetical and my post are in an effort to support the best case scenario of preparedness and Alliance Strength through organization, innovation, and attention to detail for a complete merger.
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Possable Future Merger? --> FedX to HLA - [Discussion] Empty Yet Another Thought

Post  SUPAXE Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm

I am prepared and equipped to preform a lot of work for this merger!
When you think about it it is a pretty big deal for both our Alliances!
a merger on this scale in essence basically requires refining of both Alliances

My question now is which forum would be adopted after a merger?

I Like the current FedX Forum for two main reasons.
1. I have the ability to edit into headers and footers of each board [HTML Code] which allows me to embed such applications as the music and Live Chat programs you will enjoy when visiting the forum.
2. I am very happy with the appearance of the FedX Forum

I like the Current HLA Forum for many reasons some of which I think as yet undiscovered.
1. The different views such as Portal and index etc...
2. I really can not say a lot because I have not experienced the full versatility on this forum through advanced mod powers...
3. I would be pleased to have the opportunity to alter the appearance to suite the unified Alliances after a merger
4. I would also be please to have Administrative access in order to apply such approved changes and also apply some approved applications such as Live Chat and Project Playlist (a social music experiment) examples of both these applications are functioning on the FedX forum.

All for the benefit of considering the possibility's
I do not want to scare anyone but if a merger is immanent we all are on the threshold on some very exciting change (Within Reason)
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAXE Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 pm

I think it wise to keep alliances separate for the time being but let us not close discussion on this topic, if we are to merge all appropriate planning should be set into place for the best benifit...

Who knows it may be even more beneficial to remain two individual Allied Alliances (Only if FedX Forum activity picks up!), I am quite fond of the Federation Smile
Speaking of which I believe I mentioned this some place else on this forum but I recently posted an updated Introduction to the FedX Alliance on the Ogame forum. If anyone would like to show support for FedX by browsing to the following thread and either posting a nice comment or voting a thumbs up at the bottom of the post that would be very nice of you.

This would Grant the Federation some excellent publicity by promoting awareness!
Click here
SUPAXE
SUPAXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down